PACKAGING AND DELIVERY INFORMATION
• Determine the best pathway from outside your home to the room where the new item will be placed.
• Make sure all access points are unobstructed and wide enough for the desired item.
• Measure the heights and widths of all entryways, including all stairways and hallways, both inside and outside your home (see 1).
• Measure the interior widths, depths and heights of all elevator doors to be used for delivery.
• Measure your entry clearance – the distance from the wall through the doorway to the opposite wall (see 2).
• Factor in all corners, ceiling height, stairways (heights, widths, angles, bannisters), and low hanging fixtures. Also account for any architectural details (see 3).
• To ensure successful delivery, the item’s minimum clearance must not exceed the height or width of any of the entryways (elevators and stairways included) to be used for delivery.
• Note that the furniture measurements we provide reflect overall dimensions, and over.
• For larger sofas you will also need to check there is enough space to turn the furniture.
• Are there any internal obstacles –wall lights, low hanging lights, framed prints on wall, low ceilings, beams? Have you considered them?IMPORTANT: This is only a guide and does not guarantee your furniture purchase will fit. Also our delivery personnel are not equipped to remove doors and windows to effect access or even open the crates. If doors, windows or stair banisters need to be removed in order for the furniture to fit, you will need to arrange this on your own.
Furniture can appear smaller in the online store than it actually is. The furniture will appear a lot bigger in your room. The easiest way to check the amount of floor space a piece of furniture will take up is by marking the area out on the floor where the furniture will sit. This can be done by either using masking tape or a newspaper template. When ordering a recliner armchair or sofa bed check there is enough space in the room for the chair or bed when fully extended.KNOW OUR PACKAGING
OPENING THE PACKAGING
Once you receive the goods, please note that the delivery person is not authorised or allowed by our logistics partner to wait while you are opening the goods. However, in case you see any extreme visible damage to the external packaging (carton, crate etc), you should show the same to the delivery personnel and open the goods yourself or with the help of a local carpenter (if there is a wooden crate) and inspect the same. Any damage to the product/ packaging should be shown to the delivery personnel. We also advise you to take pictures of the damaged product or external packaging and send a mail to email@example.com with the Order details, for us to take the case up with our logistics partner. The note of the damage should also be made on the Proof of Delivery Slip or Airway Bill (AWB).Please note that as we ship our products to more than 5000 locations in India, it is not possible for us to arrange personnel for opening these packages.IMPORTANT: Please note that the Delivery Personnel are not obliged or authorised to open/ assemble the furniture or packages. Please note that their duty is to deliver the goods to the customer and they are not directly employed with ANJAFURNITURELIVING and work with the Third Party Logistics companies. You are requested to cooperate with them and not force them to open the crates, packages etc.
IMPORTANT: Measurement of furniture/ packages is customer’s responsibility and we encourage to study the sizes mentioned on the product page carefully and see if the furniture you order fits into your entryway and rooms before ordering the products. We will not be responsible if the furniture does not fit/ pass through the entry way/ stairway etc. Please note that any failed delivery due to any such refusal or unavailability and any subsequent attempts to deliver the goods will be charged extra by ANJAFURNITURELIVING or the Logistics partner.
ASSEMBLY OF FURNITURE
Most of our furniture will not require any assembly or may require very minimal Do IT Yourself (DIY) assembly like screwing the round legs to the base of the sofa or attaching the legs of the coffee tables. Sometimes, the Back legs have a plate mechanism where the screws can be fixed with an allen key (provided in the kit with the instructions). Sometimes, if there are any nuts/ bolts or Allen key screws used, they are provided with the required spanner or allen key to help you with the installation. We currently do not provide assembly service. However detailed assembly instructions if any required are inserted in the package and the goods can easily be assembled by yourself or with the help of a local carpenter.
IF YOU ARE NOT HOME AND THE PACKAGE ARRIVES
Typically, you will get a call from the Courier Company/ Logistics partner confirming the tentative date and the time of delivery. However, as we do not have any direct control over the courier partners/ logistics partner, we cannot guarantee that they will act only in certain manner or will necessarily call before getting your order for delivery. We also request you to give correct address and phone no. details at the time of placing the order. If you are planning to travel and you will be unavailable on the contact number given earlier, please inform us in advance so that we can plan the shipping and delivery as per your convenience.
INFORMATION ABOUT HIGHER FLOORS
The delivery person will deliver the large goods to your building premises or wherever it is physically possible to deliver the goods for them. For higher floors, they may not be equipped to deliver the goods to your door step. You are requested to arrange for your own labourers/ manpower in advance or post delivery to get the big products to the higher floor. The responsibility of our logistics partners to deliver the large products is restricted to the ground floor or maximum first floor of the building. As of now we do not have resources and personnel to deliver the large furniture to your floor. We will need your cooperation to arrange your own personnel/ labourers to carry the furniture to the floor of your residence.